Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Review - L'oreal Paris Infallible Stay Fresh 24H Foundation

Hi Everyone!

If you're new to my page, I would like to welcome you with arms so wide to my humble page.

Today I'm going to talk about L'oreal Paris Infallible Stay Fresh 24H Foundation. WOW. Such a long name. Let's call it L'oreal Stay Fresh Foundation. That is definitely shorter and sweeter too ๐Ÿ˜‹

First off, let start with how the foundation looks like.


This foundation is a glass bottle that comes with a plastic pump. I have a love and hate relationship with pump foundations. I love it when the foundation is still full but I hate it the moment it comes out like squirts of ink (which is like tiny and uncontrollable pumps). There is 30ml of foundation in this bottle. This foundation could last you for approximately around 3-4 months of daily usage and I always use this best with a damp beauty blender. Somehow a damp beauty blender will gives you the full coverage you need than using a brush. But to each their own preference. ๐Ÿ˜‡


I got mine in Golden Beige. This colour is slightly darker than my natural skin tone but if I were to take a shade lighter, it would be way too obvious that i have something on my face. Thus, this shade. Have you notice the difference between high end foundation and drugstore foundation? High end usually have better consistency and they definitely have more shades than drugstore foundations. If you can't find a shade in the drugstore section, feel free to roam around for the high end (or mid range) foundation.

It is stated on the bottle of the foundation that. . .
-24H Just applied finish
-24H Flawless complexion
-No Imperfection
-No Shine
-No transfer
-No mask effect
-Enriched with hydrating Hyaluron + for:
  • 10 Hours Hydration
  • All Day Comfort
WOW. They made such bold promises. Let's evaluate from the promises they made.
Point number 1 and 2 definitely can't be reliable. No one would actually have their make up for 24 hours. It's just bad assumption. When they said "No Shine", that I have to agree fully as it dries of as matte finish. "No Transfer" is a lie. It does transfer! But not as much as Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Foundation. That foundation is seriously a big NO. That is a story that I will be sharing next time.๐Ÿ˜€ Hydrating? Nay. It does hydrate my skin in the beginning but after an hour, it sets as a matte finish. To think that the foundation name is Stay Fresh 24H Foundation would make me feel like I would have a dewy skin all day but nope. I was wrong.


This is how the shade looks like. Please remember with any liquid foundation, shake your bottle if you wish to use it during that period of time. I would say this foundation feels lightweight to me. Like as if you're not having any foundation on. A plus point for me! ๐Ÿ˜ It applies quite smoothly on my face with no issue. This foundation would last me for probably between 6-8 hours of wear time. After that, you could actually see the foundation separating!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ


This is a picture me with the foundation. I would say not bad for a dry skin user. I do love a matte finish, to be frank. At the same time, I love a dewy Glowy look too ๐Ÿ˜… Conflicting much? I know. Haha!

My personal thoughts on this foundation.
I do honestly love this foundation. Since I don't have problems with my skin having breakouts, I don't have to worry much about it's coverage. The concern for my skin is dryness and dark under eye circles. I have quite a dark eyebag. So that's where my concealer comes in. My concealer have to be a full coverage and hydrating for my skin. Or else, the creasing would be too obvious with this foundation. So far, I would say the concealer that works best with this foundation would be L.A Girl Pro Concealer and L'oreal True Match Super Blendable Crayon Concealer. They don't make the creasing under my eyes that obvious which I love.
Basically with a matte finish foundation, it would be easy to have a powder blush and contour too. I love the foundation but I don't quite like that it doesn't have it's staying power to wear it longer.

Here comes my verdict on this product.
1. Long Wear of the foundation 3 / 5
2. Texture 5 / 5
3. Fragrance ZERO
4. Application 4 / 5
5. Price 4 / 5 ($32.90!!)
6. Packaging 4 / 5

Would I recommend this foundation?
Yes, definitely provided you don't mind touching up once you see the foundation separating, but for me, it's a small matter. Probably nobody actually notice it unless they were to stare at your face point blank. I would recommend this for all skin type, be it oily skin and dry or combi too! Please let me know on what is your thoughts on this foundation if you ever try it.

Til then. ๐Ÿ’—