Monday, September 10, 2018

Review - Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Rose Quartz

Hi There!

I feel that it's been a few long days since I last write a review on something. But not to worry. Long wait means I'm busy researching and trying out new products for you.

For those of you out there that just visit my blog for the first time, I humbly welcome you to my mini space of drugs. Hehe! This is the kind of drug that won't get you get arrested, but just probably make a hole in your wallet 😜

Let me introduce you to a highlighter that I've been eyeing for quite a while. I think I'm beginning to have an obsession over this Becca's highlighter. Their highlighter is like soooo good! It is my HOLY GRAIL highlighter!

Now, let's see my favourite go to pressed Highlighter.


This is how this baby looks like. There are apparently 10 shades in total if you see from Becca official website and I picked Rose Quartz. 

The shades are:
Pearl - Soft Luminous White
Vanilla Quartz - Creamy, light gold shade with pink pearl
Prismatic Amethyst - Lavender infused with pearlescent duo-chrome pigments
Moonstone - Pale candlelit gold
Rose Quartz - Neutral pale pink with soft gold pearl
Parisian Lights - Soft pink with warm, peachy gold pearl
Champagne Pop - Soft gold with peachy-pink pearl
Opal - Neutral, white gold with soft pink pearl
Lilac Geode - Cool pink with a golden pearl finish
Prosecco Pop - Ethereal gold
Rose Gold - Blushed rosy pink with warm gold pearl
Topaz - Radiant bronze with rich gold pearl
Chocolate Geode - Rich chocolate brown with gold pearl
(Those in blue fonts are limited edition)
For those of you who has been following Becca, you would know that Rose Quartz used to be limited edition. I guess it got quite a hit, that they make it permanent. 😛 Lucky me, at least I get 8g of product instead of 7g when it is limited edition. Then again, who am I kidding? Highlighters can take forever to get it all the way down to it's pan! 😅

I actually fall in love with Rose Quartz, Lilac Geode and Prismatic Amethyst because all 3 of them have pinkish shades. I was looking for soft pink with silver undertones as I feel my skin looks better with silver than gold. So I went to Sephora and swatched all 3 tones. (I forgot to take a picture of the swatches 😭). I was shocked. 

Apparently Lilac Geode is purple-ish with gold shimmers while Prismatic Amethyst looks pinkish with purple shimmers. I feel Prismatic Amethyst seems hard to match on my face for an everyday look. Then I was down with these 2 choices; Lilac Geode and Rose Quartz. Rose Quartz being a cool undertone with baby pink shade makes it so damn beautiful that I feel Lilac Geode loses the battle. I then try it on my face to make the final decision before happily paying for it.

Below is the swatches I made to compare with the pressed highlighters that I owned.
 (picture taken without flash)

(Picture taken with flash)

As you know, highlighters are the hardest to capture on camera. I wish I could show you how it looks like when I swatch it. In any way, this highlighter doesn't have much fall out or chunks of glitter drops compared to other highlighters that i owned or tried before. The texture of the product feels buttery and super smooth, it glides super easily on any skin surfaces like cheekbones, decolletage, shoulders, arms. The product doesn't have any scent to it (in case anybody is sensitive to scents like me). 

Let me show you how this highlighter shows on my face. 


I don't know about you but I personally feel that this highlighter is blinding in its own sheen and I FREAKING LOVE IT!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I've been so obsessed over this highlighter that I'm wearing it on top of my Dandelion Blush from Benefit. I love the combo of those two as it looks the blush starts out! 😍

I bought my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter at $58 SGD in Sephora. I swear it is super pricey 😵 But when I think back for the quality that feels so smooth and sort of like creamy texture that glides easily on my skin without chunks of glitter, I part with my money with happy tears. (Dramatic much? Haha!) So this highlighter comes in a compact which is easy for you to pop it in your bag. It is silver in the center and rubberish for the container. 

FYI, I tried drugstore highlighter like Essence and Catrice for those highlighters and the colours just don't show up on my skin even after swatching repeatedly. 😭That's why I bought my highlighters from Sephora. 

Final thoughts.
1. Would I recommend this highlighter?
Yes! Highly recommend, provided you're willing to part ways with your money. If you're on a budget, probably grab their travel size in Opal (if I'm not mistaken).
2. How long does this highlighter last me? 
I would say a solid 8 hours before it starts to lose its staying power. 
3. What is Becca known for?
THEY ARE FAMOUS FOR MAKING US GLOW. No Kidding!!!
4. Would this colour be suitable for other skin tones?
Maybe, swatches all over google showed this shade in light, medium and dark. And it looks even blinding on a darker skin tone.
5. Would this be good for all skin types?
For me as a dry skin person, yes. For oily skin, whom I used my friend as an example as she owns Opal Pressed Highlighter, she said that it does. However she prefers to use the liquid/creme form as it is easier to control.

With that,
I shall see you soon! 💗
Drop me a comment or slide me an email if you wish for me to focus on an area to blog about.