Friday, August 24, 2018

Review - MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation

Hi Everyone!

For those who are new to my blog, a big welcome to my humble beauty blog. Today I am going to share with you about MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation. WOW. Such a mouthful 😅

First, let's have a look at the bottle. I bought mine in the shade NC20.


The bottle itself is very cute.One of the pros is that if you notice at the top, there is a lock to it. So it is travel friendly to me.The bottle is frosted looking glass and it is somehow shape with tall body and a big bottom. The con to this packaging is that it is slightly heavy. If you wish to bring it to places, then I would advice to put it in a smaller container to save space and to avoid making your bag heavy.

Now here comes the interesting fact.
This foundation is a combination of powders in this cream-gel emulsion formula creates an optical blurring effect that virtually diminishes imperfections and fine lines for a more even tone. The light-reflecting, natural satin finish and sheer to medium buildable coverage make skin appear refined, revitalized and refreshed with a new purity, softly lit from within. SPF 15 adds the perfect finishing touch of sun protection. Features our M·A·C Multi-Mineral Complex, shea butter and vitamin E.
Sounds good right? That being said, this foundation gives me a very dewy and very fresh looking. I personally love how it looks when i first apply it. I think that could be because my skin has always feel super dry even after moisturizing it. So when i applied this foundation, somehow my skin feels hydrating and it really does give you the glow that it promised and the natural satin finish.


To apply this on your face, I would advice to use it with a beauty blender.  If you wish to use a brush, it's personally up to you. I would advice a sponge would be better as it is watery.


As you see from the above picture, that shade looks a bit darker than my skin right? Don't worry. It will blend into my skin so perfectly and neutralize it's shade to my skin tone. 😍
(There is no smell to this foundation! Plus point!)



This is how the foundation looked on my face. This was taken at 8.45am when I was on my way to my office. That was like only after 30 minutes of application.

However after an hour or two, the foundation somehow produces oil on my face. (Just a quick sidetrack. My skin is the type of skin that is super dry all day long, even my T-zone.) I find it hard to maintain my products like my eye-shadow or concealer on my face. Talk about spoiler 😭

Imagine if only after 2 hours, my skin is super oily. How about a whole day with this foundation? I was in a denial for so long as I was hoping this foundation really works for my super dry skin but after much struggle for 2 weeks (yes, I've tried this product for 2 weeks now), I finally admit it.


 This is a picture of me with flash photography as I want to have a look if this foundation survive scenes that requires flash photography. But sadly, it doesn't 😪. As you can see from this picture, this is how my make up looked at 10.45pm on a normal weekday after work. You can see how my make up struggle to stay at it's place. It's a d i s a s t e r .

I would think perhaps this foundation would be good during the winter as your skin tends to be super duper dry than usual. So with it producing oil, I honestly think this would be good. (Do correct me if I'm wrong).
If you're in a place like Singapore which is humid 24/7 all day every day, then i reckon that you don't wear it for long hours unless you don't mind looking like a greasy monster.

Now comes my final verdict.
1. Application 5 / 5 (No issue)
2. Texture 4 / 5 (beware!! W A T E R Y)
3. Lasting 5 / 5 (no Separating due to it's oiliness)
4. Packaging 3.5 / 5
5. Price $68 SGD

What skin type would be good to use this foundation?
I would say dry skin but remember to BLOT. That is very important.

Would i recommend this foundation?
If you have dry skin, yes. No for combi or oily skin.

With this, I end this post.
Till next time! 💗