Sunday, July 21, 2019

Make Up For Ever Artist Rouge Light Lipstick

Hello Beautiful People!

Today we are going to talk about my Holy Grail, Most used lipstick. I have been using this lipstick every single day to work for a year and I got a lot of compliments every time. Let's have a look.


Isn't it a beauty? 😍 This bad boy retails at $35 SGD from Sephora and Make Up For Ever stores. It comes in a metal casing (which may be irritating to some because of the metal friction). Make Up For Ever has never disappoint me when it comes to packaging. They always make their products feel expensive which I personally like. The lipstick is made in Paris, France and it has 3.5g of product. This lipstick comes in 25 shades if you wish to buy them from Make Up For Ever stores while Sephora only carry 12 shades.
(P.S. I own shade L203)


 As you can see from the above picture, it shows that not all very bold colours can be frightening. In fact, this lipstick gives you that sheer look that isn't too overpowering for a day to day lipstick. I would say this lipstick is very hydrating on the lips. It has a high shine too, making your lips look all healthy and glowy. With that quality, it makes your face lit up. Kind of like brightens up your face. Does it last the whole day? No, but it does leave with a slight tint on your lips. How long is the lasting power for this lipstick? I would say depending on how light the colour has turned. By then it's really up to you whether you wish for the colour to be as pigmented as before.

Personally for me, I would only reapply after eating because the tint will look too natural (which is nice, don't get me wrong) but a little bit more colour won't kill, right? 😁 How pigmented the shade? Look at the picture above. That is after 2 swipes of product. As you can see, the lipstick is a bit sheer but it is still packed with pigments. With this type of lipstick, I prefer using it Korean style which means having the lipstick looking all pigmented in the inner part of the lips and then you smack and rub your lips  together to even out the shade like the picture below.

(A little fun fact: this is my 2nd restocked of the lipstick and this lipstick, if used daily, can last up to 6-9 months)


With that, I shall end this post.
See you in my next post! 💖