Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Colourpop Lippie Scrub

Hello Lovely Beauties!

Today we are discussing Lip Scrub. Have you ever scrub your lips before? Are you always feeling frustrated that your lips doesn’t look smooth when applying any matte lipstick? Do you like having that flaky feeling on your lips?

Well, look no further. Colourpop launched Lippie Scrub somewhere last year and I only got them recently. Before this, I used to scrub my lips whenever I exfoliate my face. I was thinking “why not scrub my lips together while removing any dead skin cells off my face, right?” Well, at least that’s what I thought. But whenever I do that, my lips feel very dry because my exfoliator exfoliates deeply. Thus, I am stripping off my natural moisture on my lips.

So I have been on a hunt for a lip scrub that won’t burn my wallet and I do know we can actually do a DIY lip scrub. (That would be a post for another time. 😉) I happen to have a look at Colourpop and I saw this.


This retails at $8 USD on their official website and it comes in 3 Lippie Scrubs. It is vegan and cruelty free. Plus point! Let’s see the 3 Lippie Scrubs.. 
1. Razzle Dazzle (Smells like Raspberry Sorbet)
2. By The Bushel (Smells like Strawberry)
3. Coco Loco (Smells like Piña Colada)

It comes in a small circular pot (as seen in the picture above). The cover is plastic while the pot itself is frosted glass. Packaging I would say, acceptable. It doesn’t look or feel too cheap, just perfect. 

How's the texture? 
It have raw sugar, shea butter, cupuacu butter,  sweet almond oil and jojoba oil. It is rough of texture (yes definitely! 😂) but it is gentle at the same time. When you have the scrub on your lips, it feels balmy yet satisfying. The process of it makes me happy. Not to mention this scrub taste like you're eating strawberry! 😍 Not that it matter if it has a taste but it is added bonus for me! It makes me reach out more often now. 

After scrubbing, you can either wash it off or wipe it with paper towel. You will feel your lips feeling very moist, balmy feeling and also, soft! Oh I love that feeling. You can definitely use this before you apply makeup or at the end of the day where you have staining lipstick shade. Personally for me, I like to use this before I apply any matte lipstick so that application would feel better.

I will show you a picture with me using the scrub.


This is how my lipstick applies after.


With that, I shall end my post here. 
I hope you guys would check it and check Colourpop out. Locally, I know a lot of you have not heard of Colourpop but they are amazing and affordable. It's worth checking them out. 

I see you guys in my next post! 💖