Friday, October 5, 2018

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge vs Juno & Co Microfiber Velvet Sponge

Hi Beauty!

Welcome to my humble blog! For those who are new, I post a new post on every Friday. So, stay tune! 😉

Today we are gonna talk about make up sponges. What do we look for in beauty sponges?
1. Is it expensive?
2. Does the sponge absorb more product than the other?
3. Is the sponge easy to get locally?
4. How is the texture? Is it soft? Is it stiff?
5. Is it easy to clean the sponge?
Basically, that's the questions I will consider when I look at sponges. So without further ado, let's introduce the sponges.


On the right, we have Real Technique Miracle Complexion sponge. And on our left, we have Juno & Co Microfiber Velvet sponge. I'm gonna talk about the recently rave Juno Sponge first, then we will talk about Real Technique Sponge.

Juno sponge recently launched around mid August 2018. Almost all the youtubers that I followed was reviewing it. It was so highly raved that I have to try it for myself. Once the item arrived, I know I had to try it to give you if this is a yay or a nay.

Real Technique sponge on the other hand, has been in the market way before I even begin to get real interested in make up. The hype is so good, people keep comparing this sponge to Beauty Blender which is so damn famous in the market but it is also super damn expensive for a sponge. For 1 Beauty Blender, I could actually get a set of 4 Real Technique sponges (no offend to Beauty Blender, you guys are awesome but so overprice).

Here's a look at how both sponges look in comparison when they are dry and damp.



As you can see from the picture, Juno sponge have that tiny "hair" or "bristle" (microfiber is the actual word but it looks like tiny bristle to me) which helps to blend better. Imagine yourself using a brush when you put on your foundation. You can still see brush strokes after you "blend" them. So you would then go in with a sponge to smooth out the brush marks. With Juno sponge, you don't need to. This sponge would give you that airbrush finish that you always wanted. As to Real Technique sponge, you have always been a dream when it comes to blending. Below I will indicate why I say this.

Personally for me, I prefer to wet any beauty sponge that I'm using. Why do I do that? Because the youtubers told me to 😂 No just kidding. Somehow I feel when the sponge is dry, it makes the sponge soak up so much of the product and it makes blending any product a tad painful.
When the sponge is damp, I feel that the sponge absorb less product and it blends so much faster than the sponge being dry. Does that make sense? Or are you just a brush person?

I'm going to make it into a table format of comparison. At least that would make things clearer than reading a whole paragraph. Hehehe!


Real Technique Miracle Complexion Sponge Juno & Co Microfiber Velvet Sponge
Is the sponge soft? yes. not really.  It is a bit hard.
how is the texture? soft and smooth. it has this velvet feel that makes it look like you're blending using a brush and sponge.
does it soak a lot of product? not really. Only if the texture of the product is thick. yes, it soak up a lot.
does it take long to blend? not really but neither is it fast to blend. I would say it is on par with all the other smooth sponge timing.  nope. This blends quite fast due to its velvet feel which is the microfiber part.
is it easy to clean the sponge? not really. But a bit of patient and a lot more foamy soap, you can get it as clean as new. no. this takes ages to clean it. It feels like you're trying to remove a stubborn stain on your favourite top.
is it expensive? Can you get it locally? this is $6 USD. You can get it at Watsons or Carousell at a bundle price which is totally worth it. this is $6 USD. You can now get them from the website and carousell.

Which is my favourite sponge you ask?
REAL TECHNIQUE WINS!! I personally love a smooth and soft sponge. While Juno Sponge is great at giving that airbrush finish, the thought of cleaning the sponge is super painful compared to Real Technique Sponge.

So here comes my final verdict.
1. Which sponge would I recommend?
Hmm. Tough call. I won't recommend on this. I personally thinks that this is up to anybody's point of view. Some may love Juno Sponge while I still prefer Real Technique sponge.

2. Is the price pricey?
I would say the price is reasonable if you wish to try.

With that, I shall end here.
Til then! 💖