Friday, September 28, 2018

Review - Colour On! Shine On! Lipstick 10 Rose Glitz

Hi Beauty!

I'm super excited to talk about today's product. I've been testing out for a whole 2 weeks now and I'm loving this. To be honest, I've been going around recommending this product ever since I tried it on the first day. Oh yeah, where's my manners. For those of you who are new to my blog, welcome to my beauty blog. Please have a seat and take your cup of coffee and stay 😊

Today, I'm introducing Essence Colour On! Shine On! Lipstick. Apparently the brand is from Europe. Not many of us are willing to actually try on something new in the market. Trust me, I know that feeling because I used to be one of them. As I start braving myself to the world of make up, I need to try everything new so that I could give you my best and honest opinion on the product whether it is a YAY or NAY.

Okay, let's have a look at the product. 


This is the shade range that Singapore Guardian brought in. Yes, you heard right. Guardian sells Essence makeup product! Doesn't that makes you happy because it is so easy to find the product! 😍

I noticed from the website, they have 10 shades! The packaging itself looks chic! That's one factor why this lipstick attracts my attention. Not forgetting that Essence is animal cruelty-free! With that tiny information, you don't have to worry about it having any animal extraction to do this product.



I bought mine in the shade 10 Rose Glitz. The lipstick does have a smell of chocolate and when you put it on, it taste like chocolate too! (I think it is just Essence because apparently when I bought their stick highlighter, it smells like chocolate too!) The texture of the lipstick feels soft and it is glossy. I know I know the first thing in mind when it comes to glossy lipstick is the stickiness and how your hair tends to stick to your lipstick whenever there's wind. Don't worry. This lipstick doesn't do that. This lipstick acts like a balm which means it is super moisturizing. It gives your lips the healthy looking shine and also it is tinted. I've received so many compliments on how the shade suits me and how pretty it looks on my lips. So far, I would say that the longevity of this product depends on how careful you eat.

As you know, every lipstick can't survive when they encounter with food because food have oil that would make any lipstick move. But not for this bad boy. I will use this lipstick at around 8am in the morning and by the time it hits after lunch time at 2pm, my lipstick survived food!! And I mean those oily food. Sure, the lipstick survived food, but I don't like the texture. After eating, I would usually remove the leftover lipstick I had and reapply a fresh coat because the texture feels thin and I could feel that the moisture of the gloss is gone with the food.


This is how the shade looks like. In the beginning, I thought it's gonna be a bold colour because it does look like a begundy shade but boy, I was wrong. It was a beautiful reddish that look nude on me thanks to the gloss. The gloss somehow lightens the colour on my lips. I would say that the lipstick is not true to the colour as the colour is different on your lips comparing it just by looking at the shade itself.


This is how it looks on my lips.

I got curious to why this lipstick is not the same as the other lipsticks. When I look into the ingredients and googled every single one of the chemical ingredients that looks super foreign to me, I noticed 90% of the ingredients is used in lip balm. No wonder my lips are always moist and surprisingly, when I use this lipstick on top of my cracked lips, it tends to heal. So I would highly recommend people to get this lipstick. I will list down the ingredients in case you wish to google them, like me 😇


So, let's sum up! My final verdict. 

1. Would I recommend this to all skin types?
YES!! A BIG YES FROM ME!

2. Longevity of the lipstick.
I would say it depends on what and how you eat. Those things matter. At least personally for me. 😉

3. Is it transferproof or kissproof?
Definitely not. Anything glossy and moisturizing, rarely or hardly transferproof or kissproof.

4. Is it worth the money?
T O T A L L Y ! It's only $4.90 SGD! If this is not affordable, I don't know what is. 


I guess that's it for today. I see you soon in my next post!
Till then! ❤