Friday, October 19, 2018

Review - Colourpop Disney Designer Collection Palette

Hi Lovelies!

Welcome to my humble blog. For those who are new to my blog, feel free to roam around and have a look at the other products I've reviewed at the bottom right of the page.

Today we are discussing Disney Palette that was release on 28th September. I remembered that day Colourpop mentioned that they will release it at 10am PST and in Singapore we have to wait for 1am on the 29th September to grab the collection. It's not even 24 hours and a lot of the disney collection is sold out. I went in and out of the website just to see if they actually top up the stocks, but I don't think so?

I'm would think that the Disney Designer Collection is limited edition but if it is, best to grab them as soon as possible before you regret it as it is super wearable and very pretty!

Let's now have a look at the palette.


It came in a  gold box which wow-ed me. Even though I've seen the palette online from Kathleen Lights, a fellow Youtuber, did her review on her PR set, I'm still wow-ed at the palette that is in front of me. From left to right, we have Tiara from The Princess And The Frog, Ariel from The Little Mermaid, Belle from Beauty and The Beast, Jasmine from Aladdin, Snow White from Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs and lastly, we have Cinderella from Cinderella. I have to say Jasmine has always been my favourite princess of all times but let's not bore you with why.



This palette consist of 5 matte eye shadows and 10 shimmer eye shadows. As you can see from this picture, you can't create a smokey eye look on its own. You need another palette to help it create that smokey eye. I have to say these are such pretty colours 😍

Now we are going to go through the colours one by one.


We shall start the swatches from left to right. Do note that hand swatching doesn't determine how bad or good a palette is. Please bear this in mind.

1st Row.
Chip - beige with a hint of baby pink on a certain angle. Matte shade.
Juju - soft baby pink. Matte shade.
Grumpy -  soft mix of orange and brown. Matte shade.
Triton - Warm medium brown. Matte shade.
Abu - Bold brown with a hint of orange. My favorite shade for transition colour. Matte shade.

 2nd Row.
Prince Charming -  Shimmering faint beige with silver sparkles.
Ray - Metallic champagne.
Fairy Godmother - Metallic peach.
One Kiss? - Metallic gold.
Thingamabob - Metallic blue with a hint of silver.

3rd Row.
Enchanted Rose -  Metallic Rosy shimmer.
Poison Apple - Metallic Purple with a hint of pink shimmer.
Magic Carpet - Metallic brown mix with purple and pink shimmer.
Beast - Brown shimmer.
Midnight Curfew - Black with silver shimmer.

Here are 2 examples of the looks that I create using this palette. 


Shades that was used were:
Beast and Juju.


Shades that was used were:
Abu and Thingamabob.

This palette is selling at $20 USD from Colourpop website. It will take roughly 2 weeks for the products to reach you (which would be to Singapore).

Colourpop is from California. They are a mid-range price brand which helps you save money at the same time spend without creating a hole in your wallet. They are cruelty-free and they only experiment their products to their people which is basically Colourpop HQ. If only I get to do their product reviews every time 😍 That would be the best job for me.

So, let's sum this up.

1. Is the pigments good?
Yes, I would say so. I'm not biased but the pigment is quite bold if you go with a heavy hand. You want to pick as little product as possible so that there would be room for errors. A little goes a long way to building up the desired shade.

2. Is the pallete a little expensive than the others?
Yes, I do agree to that question. However, the palette is limited edition. Ever since it was launched on 28th September, I have not seen Colourpop restock their Disney Designer Collection. I would feel that it is a little pricey as it is limited edition which means they are only release at a certain period of time frame. So do grab them before they are fully sold out.

3. Is the palette travel friendly?
I should think so. I have a friend who brings a palette of Colourpop everywhere she goes. Thus, I would assume it is.😂


That's it for today. I shall see you in my next post which would be on Huda Beauty Overachiever Concealer.

Till then! 💖