Sunday, September 8, 2019

Make Up For Ever Reboot Foundation

Hello Beauties!

Today I'm going to share with you about an infused skincare + foundation in one bottle! As some of you know, Make Up For Ever (MUFE) just release a new foundation not long ago. This foundation is known to help make our skin look revive and awake and fresh even though we didn't get that enough rest the night before. Sounds amazing right? Well, I'm always excited for skincare + foundation in a bottle, so why not try it?


This is Make Up For Ever Reboot Foundation. It comes in 18 shades in Sephora and 20 shades from their official website. This foundation retails at $72.00 SGD and it has 30ml of product. The packaging comes a glass bottle (as always for MUFE liquid foundation) which is classy of them and a black box like all of their product box.

I would say the shade range is pretty basic. So the chances of us, Asian in Singapore could shade match quite easily. But for those really pale or really dark, not much of a range you guys. As for the price, it is on a higher price that the foundation that I would usually get. But nothing new on the price as MUFE prices are always around that range.


This foundation comes in a glass bottle (as mentioned above) and it has that pump which is convenient and which I personally love! What I don't quite like is that the pump squirts too little to cover my face. For this foundation, I definitely have to squirt around 4-5 pumps just to cover half of my face. The squirt of per pump is really little as compared to other pumps that I've used before. So if you plan to get this, this is something that may bother you. This foundation do have a scent. I can't quite put a name on it but it has the same smell as their hydrating face primer. I'm not bothered about scents unless it's super strong or the scent stinks. So I'm good with it. Once you put your other products like setting powder and all, the smell goes away.


From the picture above, it will show you have much coverage you are getting out of this foundation. Just to be clear, this picture is not edited at all. This is to show how this foundation sees on my actual skin. As you can see in the picture without the foundation, my veins are visible. When you look at the picture with the foundation, it does cover the veins slightly yet you can see the veins trying to peep through the foundation. I would say this foundation is definitely light coverage but it is buildable to medium coverage. I would suggest you'd go in with a medium to full coverage concealer if you have troubled areas like acne scars, pimple/pimple marks and blemishes. Also, on a side note. This foundation oxidises 1 shade darker on me. So, just remember to pick a shade, put the shade that suits you on your hand and walk around the store for 10 mins to see if oxidise on you before purchasing it. That tip helps to check if it goes darker on you and how much darker it would go.

This foundation claims to (taken from Sephora App) :
1. Corrects the effect of fatigue
2. With Active Care Matrix Complex, a smart Biopolymer structure treats your skin's surface like a face mask
3. Consist of Redsnow extract to restore your glow for an all day brightening effect, while ginseng firms and plumps your skin.

I do notice that my skin have that glow when I'm using this foundation. And I'm not talking about the highlighter glow. Haha! It does make my skin look less tired and fresh looking which I really do appreciate when month end/beginning of the month comes because it is my stressful period for a person who does accounts.

In any way, I will show you have this foundation looks on my face below.

(This is 2 hours after foundation is up on my face)

(This is how the foundation is holding up after lunch. Do note that I went out for lunch in the hot, scorching afternoon sun 😵)

(This is how the foundation looks at the end of my office hours work. I like how the foundation still makes me look fresh and radiant after a long day at work being in both sun and aircon)
(This is the foundation before I remove it. Still looking all glowy and slightly dewy now)

What's my verdict on this foundation.
This foundation definitely stands out in my opinion due to it having skincare infused in a foundation which I personally loved. This foundation will now have a place on my vanity table with all my other well loved foundations. This foundation, in my opinion, can withstand the heat and humid provided you are just walking under the hot sun. If you plan to workout with this foundation on, it would not last on your face. The lifespan is shorter. And I reckon not to touch your face when you sweat a lot. Use a mini portable fan or a cardboard to fan your face to sooth the foundation before it starts shifting around or turn slightly patchy. Other than that, I feel that this foundation can last for long hours and you can definitely run away without setting your whole face with setting powder (this is only for dry skin). For combination, I reckon to set your face for a lasting effect.

Will I repurchase this foundation once it's out? Definitely a yes!

With that, I shall end my review here.
See you in my next post! 💖