Sunday, September 22, 2019

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Hydrating Longwear Foundation

Hi Beauties!

Today we are talking about my most favourite brand at the moment!! We are discussing about Fenty Beauty newly release Foundation!! The new foundation from Fenty Beauty caters to dry skin. Finally for us dry skin sisters! 😍 The OG (Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation) didn't work for my skin. It cracks, it doesn't sit well on my skin, it oxidised like 4 shades darker for me (I'm not kidding!!) within 30 minutes mark and it transfers everywhere for me. I had bad experience with the OG but now, with the new hydrating foundation, I'm super curious at how it stays on me.


This is Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Hydrating Longwear Foundation. It retails at $52.00 SGD in Sephora and it has 32ml of product (the price and amount of product is the same with the OG). It has 50 shades, similar as the OG foundation. Therefore there will shades for all of you of any undertones. That is definitely a plus point as Fenty Beauty is well-known to be the first brand that came out with a whole range of shade friendly so that people from the lightest to the darkest skin type have their shade.


This foundation comes in a plastic tube together with a pump. The OG foundation comes in a frosted glass bottle which feels classy and expensive. The OG bottle is also heavy because it is a glass bottle while this new packaging is quite light and also travel friendly (if I say so myself!). This foundation is leaning more towards dry to normal skin type. Rihanna created this foundation with Grape Seed Oil and Sodium Hyaluronate to give your skin that nourishing hydrating look to last the whole day comfortably.

The benefits of Grape Seed Oil is that it is a light weight moisturizer and it absorbs fast to your skin. The oil itself can be use to help the healing of eczema and acne, as it helps to balance out the dry and oily patches on the skin. So with Grape Seed Oil in the ingredient of this foundation, I feel that combination skin can also get away with it. (I shall let my combination skin friends try this foundation! 😋)

The benefits of Sodium Hyuronate is it helps to restore the moisture on the skin, promoting a more revitalised and youthful complexion. It is gentle enough to be used on all skin types including acne-prone types. It also smooth out the appearance of wrinkles and inprove skin texture. So with this in the foundation, I believe that if you use it for long term, you can actually see the results of seeing face looking a little bit younger as Sodium Hyuronate works similarly like antioxidant products. It is similar but they are both 2 different things. Just so we are clear 😁


The consistency of this foundation is not thick but it is not too watery either. As you can see from the picture above, on the left (under Partially Blended), I only had 1 tiny pump to show you how it looks on my skin and how it covers my veins. If you look from the picture above, on the right (under Fully Blended), you can see how this tiny dot of foundation can cover my veins. This foundation is lightweight on the skin. Once the foundation sets on your skin, it will give you that satin finish where it is neither oily nor too hydrating. It feels like skin but with coverage. I love foundation that gives you that satin finish because when you are living in a place where it is Summer all year round, you need something that is not too dewy and not too matte.

This foundation is a medium to full coverage which I love because I don't have much blemishes to cover. But if I do, I will usually resort to spot concealing instead of going for full coverage foundation. That's my preference. 😇 This foundation also have a scent that smells so yummy. I do noticed that both OG and this hydrating foundation have that cookie scent. If you're sensitive to scent, do take note on this. Below I will show you how this foundation looks on my skin throughout the whole day.

(This is after 1.5 hours of application)

(This is after 6 hours+ of application. I remembered it was scrotching humid when I was testing this foundation but it starts to fade off on my pimple scar)

(This is after 9 hours+ of application. After the fade of foundation, I put a concealer to just conceal my pimple mark. Thus, you can't see it in this picture.)

(This is after almost 14 hours of application. You can see from my picture that I look a little too shiny on my cheeks and on my nose)

What are my thoughts on this foundation.
Frankly, I quite like how it looks on my skin after application. However, I would suggest if you have a mark that you wish to cover, you can use a concealer to spot conceal as this foundation kind of fade off on my skin on my concern areas (example: my pimple mark under my lips). This foundation looks good throughout the whole day and will only get a little shiny after 9hours mark. But I'm not that bothered because all I have to do is touch up with setting powder and you are good as new. If you don't mind looking a little shiny, you can just leave it as it is. I feel that this foundation is good but nothing that groundbreaking that you need to own them. Do i like this foundation? Yes. Is it something that I would go crazy about? No. Because I personally feel that there are better foundation that has skincare benefits than this. But if you love Fenty Beauty like I do, then you can give it a try.

By the way, before I end this post, this foundation are 100% animal cruelty free.

With that, I end this post.
I see you in my next one! 💖