Saturday, August 24, 2019

Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer Dupe! Part 2

Hi Beauties!

Welcome back to part 2 of the segment where I would be telling you a dupe product for the famous Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer that everyone have been loving. I know Tarte Shape Tape is well loved by everyone but I am about to burst the bubble by sharing with you my discovery for a perfect dupe.

Well, it is none other than L'oreal Paris Infallible Full Wear Concealer. The concealer goes by a different name if you are purchasing it from Australia and UK. In those places, this concealer goes by the name L'oreal Paris Infallible More Than Concealer. I have no idea why they have different names either. Haha!


This concealer just recently launch in Singapore and I was super excited about it. I have been seeing it online for a few months and I finally get my hands on them. It retails at $21.90 and so far, it comes in only 4 shades at the moment in Singapore and I hope that Singapore retail outlets will bring in more shades to cater to other skin tone too. From the US website, they have 25 shades in comparison to Singapore. Singapore need to up their game when it comes to shade range for drugstore product. It is no wonder people keep buying things from branded shops instead of cheaper alternative because they don't have their shade range.


This concealer gives a matte finish. It is thick in consistency and the coverage is full. You can use this as an eyeshadow primer, for highlighting and also contouring. Personally with thick consistency, I love using them to clean my eyebrows after I shape it with eyebrow pencil and gel. To me, it is super pigmented and thick that it is easy to control compared to watery consistency. As you can see from the applicator, it has a big applicator. Therefore use it with caution because less is more. If you put too thick, it will crease. It is a long wear concealer and it doesn't fade off as hours goes by. That is important for me as we all have events or special dates and you would love to look cute throughout the whole time. Thus, you can trust this bad boy for occasions.

This concealer is also good for spot concealing. Don't we all have things that you don't wish to show people? Well, take this concealer and dump it in your bag. This would be your life saver. It is known to be waterproof but I've yet to test it on me. However I've seen of the influencers did the waterproof test and it really stays without budging. How awesome is this concealer? Below I will show you how this concealer performs on me throughout the whole day.

This is after an hour of application.

This is after 8 hours after application and it is still looking so good and perfect.

This is after 15 hours after application. 

Well, it does crease a little since it has been on around 8am in the morning but that can easily be smooth out by blending it with god given "brushes" (which is your fingertips; quote from Jaclyn Hill in one of her videos)

My opinion for this concealer.
This concealer is super full coverage and it last super long on your face. You don't have to worry about touching up during the day. It is a bit drying for me, but not too drying. Thus, if I am using it under my eyes, I can always use a hydrating eye cream. If I am going for no foundation day, I can always use a hydrating moisturizer before going in with this concealer. So far, this concealer is so perfect but the only downfall for this concealer is that L'oreal Paris are not cruelty free. If you are particular about that, I would suggest to turn the other way.

With that, I shall end this post here.
My next post will be a summary of Similarities and Differences between Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer and L'oreal Paris Infallible Full Wear Concealer.
Stay Tune and I see you soon! đŸ’–